Friday 18 February 2011

BECKY FURY: DOOM POEM JOY

We love Becky Fury, a London based performance artist, her poetry and performances are clever, cool and particularly spot on.
We hope to see more of her work in the future.....
Here's a little DOOM! poem she wrote, its simple and quite perfect.
SILLY DOOM POEM
                                                                            
 Alone.
With my thoughts
In the dark of my room
could've gone out.
But stayed in
to nurture my doom.

DOOM DOOM!
With a cherry on top.
dark and black

like a tasty full stop.
A cherry so inky and dark and black
that if you stare into it
you'll see your soul 
staring back.
Alone in despair
eating angel delight
i should get out of bed
and switch on the lights.

DOOM DOOM!
in the gloom, of my room!

i nurture my little
ray of doom.
i suckle her close 
up to my breast, 
keep her in her
tupperware locket 
under my vest.

DOOM DOOM!
i know i ate your cheese.
but you cant share my doom.
even if you do say please.

1 comment: